Uploading a Video to Twitter Tutorial
As Facebook continues to dominate the social video world, the other social medias are following suit and investing more in to their video features.
It’s important to push your content through all your relevant social media channels so that it reaches even more of your target market.
If you want to tap in to the latest trends for social media marketing, but fall short when it comes to knowing how to upload your video to Twitter – we’ve got you covered!
Watch the video tutorial below
A quick recap:
1. First, click the ‘Tweet’ button
2. Click ‘Add media’. Uploading a video is the same as adding an image to a tweet!
3. Choose the video file you wish to upload and click ‘Open’
4. In the ‘Edit’ window, you can trim the length of your video if it exceeds 2 minutes and 20 seconds, or if you want to simply share a snippet of the video. It may automatically trim down the video for you; in this case you will just need to expand the selection if necessary.
5. Click ‘Done’ when you’re finished with any editing
6. Complete your tweet by adding any accompanying text, and when you’re finished click ‘Tweet’ to share
Unfortunately, Twitter doesn’t give you the option to use a thumbnail image – we’re holding out for the day they might offer this option though!
Until then, it’s good to know that videos within the Twitter stream do automatically play, so this will help catch your audiences attention when they’re scrolling through tweets.
We hope you have found this tutorial useful. You can learn more about the benefits of uploading your video to Twitter in our blog post: 5 Reasons to Upload Your Video to Twitter
If you’d like to see more about video marketing in general, take a look at our blog.
Other Social media blogs we have done: